Thursday, January 22, 2015

WTF Japan? - Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, but I wish it was

I personally don't like banana's. I don't know why, maybe it's a character flaw. It's a given that the guy below definitely does like bananas. Studies show people share 50% of their DNA with bananas, but in this guys' case, it's definitely more. Dole, the company behind this weird banana ad, is the largest producer of fruit and vegetables in the world. As much history as they might write in the food branch, they will forever be remembered for this.


What.

I don't even know where to start. Do I start with the group of men robbing him? The three old people begging for his banana? (God that sounds wrong) I think I'll start with my favourite moment of the ad. The moment where he turns his head and seems to think: "My banana sense is tingling." This moment:


What made his banana sense tingle? A woman in the park, crying on a bench. Naturally, he goes over to her to cheer her up! How does he do it? By shooting bananas out of his nose. Yeah. The weirdest part to me isn't the fact that he's shooting bananas from his nose, but the fact that it actually did cheer her up. 

To make these ads a little clearer, I dug up another Japanese Dole ad with subtitles.


I don't know what I hoped for when I thought English subtitles would be the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment