Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sunday? More like Punday!

I love puns. I love reading puns, I love thinking of puns, I love making puns. The people around me don't love puns. I judge the puns I make by one standard: The amount of groans I get from the people around me. After making a pun I expect people shake their heads, looking disappointed while I look at them like this.

There are some companies that have used puns in their ads. The puns are often pretty simple, because you run the risk of not being understood, or even worse: being misconstrued. I'll have an article on misunderstood ads next week.

Enough babble, let's giggle at some puns.


Not every company is good at making puns. The company behind this vitamin water clearly didn't have punning as their thirst priority.


Puns are the best if they're cheesy.



Of course, a great way to bypass the risk of people not understanding your pun is to offer them free food.


Classic. Probably the oldest pun in the book of advertising. Other variants of 'Sofa king...' can be used outside of advertising.


Lettuce just leaf this pun alone and move on to the next one.


'Snow joking around with this pun.


I'd love to meat the person who thought of this pun.


Some puns just aren't that good, whoever signed this one off must peanuts.


Luckily, Heinz does know how to make a souperb pun.


This one is easily my favourite. It's a literal pun in its purest form, I'm not even going to ruin it by making a worthless pun myself.

Puns aren't only fun in pictures, they're great to use in video form.

No comments:

Post a Comment